View Full Version : Cloning a Dialog
10-31-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm trying to clone an existing dialog in a Basic MSI Project so that I can make a few changes to it. However when I do that anything that I edit in the clone is changed in the original.
What do I need to do to seperate the two?
11-02-2006, 08:49 AM
You'll want to use unique string IDs for any text that should be different between the original and cloned dialogs.
1. Select the control in the cloned dialog that you want to edit.
2. Select the Text property that is displayed in the right pane, and click the ellipsis button (...). The String Table dialog box opens.
3. Click the Add button. The String Entry dialog box opens.
4. In the ID field, enter a unique ID. In the Text field, enter the text that you want to be used for the selected control. Click OK.
5. In the list of strings, select the string that you just created, and click the Select button.
04-24-2007, 03:48 AM
I am using IS 12, InstallScript,
I am trying to clone AskOptions dialog, because i have to add some more checkboxex/radio buttons, and then i renamed the new cloned dialog
But what happened is, when i compiled, both original and the cloned one are displayed in the sequence of my installation.
So, what should I do, to clone a dialog, and of course to display the cloned one only?
Since the resource identifier of the cloned dialog cannot be changed, what can i do to differentiate it from the original one?
Thank you so much, for any help!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.