View Full Version : Converting ISPro 6.1 project to IS9
10-30-2003, 07:13 AM
I just installed the evaluation version of IS DevStudio 9 and when I try to open the IS 6.1 project it produces an error during the conversion. I'm able to build the IS 6.1 project successfully. I noticed someone with a very similar error posted in the DevStudio 8 forum (converting from 6.1 to 8), but there were no suggestions there.
What do I need to change in my original project?
Thanks in advance,
-- pasted error message below
Upgrading String Tables
** Error 91: Object variable or With block variable not set
Project migration completed with 1 errors and 0 warnings.
10-30-2003, 09:13 AM
I believe I've seen this behavior when the IPS files (string tables) are read-only.
10-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Rich, thanks for the suggestion. I just checked the entire subdirectory of the project and none of the files are read-only :-(
10-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Can you zip up and send me your project file and subdirectories?
You can email it directly to me, if you would rather not post publicly:
10-31-2003, 08:57 AM
I'll send you the project directly, removing the actual files needed to build the whole thing.
10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
I believe that this has to do with some extra spaces being present in your build.tsb file. This file is located in the <ProjectFolder>\Text Substitutions directory. Look at the lines beginning with "KEY5=<setupdir>". There is an extra space at the end of each line following this in the build.tsb file.
The Pro IDE shouldn't be writing extra spaces to the .tsb file, BUT our migration code should handle this, and I am submitting a bug to our Development team (WO 1-GL2ZH). For now, if you remove these extra spaces, the error you are receiving during migration should go away.
I tried this with the project you sent me and it seemed to work fine. However, I also noticed that a new error is happening when migrating the components. My guess is that it is the same space character issue. Look at your default.cdf file in <ProjectFolder>\Component Definitions. See if there are extra spaces in that file. It was pretty big, I didn't have time to look at it right away :)
11-03-2003, 11:08 AM
That was in fact, the problem -- my makefile script for creating the IS6.1 project placed spaces at the end of the build.tsb file. I'm now following up on the second problem (that you detected) and will post something new if I can't figure it out myself.
Again, thanks for the quick responses and the look at the project.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.