PDA

View Full Version : How do you force Repair mode to stop overwriting specific files?

tcima79
06-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi, my installation has an INI file that I use to keep persistable settings for the installation. The settings are set in New Installation mode and reused by Modify, Remove, and Upgrade.

When I choose to Repair the application for any reason, the INI file holding the settings gets reset to the default values - this is more like a destroy than a repair :rolleyes:

How do I stop an INI file from being overwritten or in other words, be ignored by Repair mode?

I have tried the "Do Not Overwrite" component flag but no dice. I also noticed the INI file doesn't show as a file under the component it belongs to, so this seems a bit tricky.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

KevinW
06-16-2003, 11:01 AM
if you set the file up as a component on its own there is a component property of never overwrite, give that a go

TsungH
06-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Try setting a condition, say (Not Installed AND REMOVE <> "ALL"), without parentheses, and making Reevaluate Condition to Yes on that particular component. You may need to tweak the condition to suit your needs.