PDA

View Full Version : Disable Repair button

mmcgee
01-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Developer 7.04 - Standard Project
In Add/Remove Programs in the General Information view I've set the Disable Repair Button property to Yes, rebuilt the project, installed on a clean machine, but the Repair button is still enabled.

The Property Table does show the property ARPNOREPAIR with a value of 1. Yet...

RobertDickau
01-17-2003, 04:32 PM
Just to clarify: you're talking about the Repair button on the Add/Remove Programs "Support Info" panel for your product, and not the Repair button on SdWelcomeMaint?

mmcgee
01-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Yes, I am trying to disable the Repair button in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.

The reason I want to do this is bacause a user selected to install in a directory other than the default during the original install, when Repair was run from Add/Remove Programs the shortcuts in the Programs menu were changed to point to the default location and not the actual location of their object.

While researching this problem, I thought disabling the Repair button would be an easy temporary fix, but...

Thanks for responding.

RobertDickau
01-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Hmmm... I just ran an InstallScript project, and there was no Repair button on the Support Info panel even if I left Disable Repair Button as "No". (This was using Developer 8, but there shouldn't be a difference.) You say this is a Standard project, and not Basic MSI?

mmcgee
01-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Standard project it is. Might you be able to shead any light on the other problem I mentioned regarding changing the shortcut paths?