PDA

View Full Version : REINSTALLMODE in Update.exe

tsauerbeck
01-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Hi all,
when creating a patch, do I have to build the newer setup with the REINSTALL=all REINSTALLMODE=xyz options or isn't that required?

I noticed when creating a patch, those REINSTALL= etc properties seem to be set, too. Anyways, I wonder what's the right way to do it.

Another issue:
I've got version 1.0 of my setup, including a bunch of merge modules with our DLLs. Now I updated a mergemodule, added another and removed a file from a third merge module. I created an own setup for each of these steps (1.00.0001 to 0003)

Now when I create a patch from version 1.00.0000 to .0003, the new DLL isn't copied over, but the others are updated. The removed file from mergemodule2 doesn't get removed, but I guess that's just not possible with a minor upgrade.

Do I have to pay special attention to merge modules when creating patches? I incremented the version number but didn't change any of the modules GUIDs.

I greatly appreciate any suggestion, I begin to feel patches are completely broken when they are to update more than one file ;)

Regards,
Tilman (running IS Dev 7.04 German)